|Bobby Robins out ‘at least two weeks’ with knee injury||09.19.13 at 1:31 pm ET|
The absence of enforcer Bobby Robins at training camp the last two days was explained by coach Claude Julien Thursday, with Julien sharing that Robins suffered a knee injury in Tuesday’s exhibition game against the Capitals and will miss “at least two weeks.”
Robins, 31, spent the last two seasons playing for Providence, where he has gotten in a whopping 59 fights. He was signed to a two-year, two-way contract in the offseason and could eventually take on a role similar to Shawn Thornton‘s once Thornton calls it a career. Thornton is in the final year of his contract but figures to play another season or two after that.
Click here for a feature we recently did on Robins trying to become the next Thornton.
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day