|Cusick ceremony at Oct. 3 Bruins game||09.28.09 at 5:40 pm ET|
Boston Bruins Principal Charlie Jacobs announced during Monday’s Bruins Media Day festivities that the club will honor Bruins legendary play-by-play commentator Fred Cusick during the second period of the team’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday, October 3.
During the first media timeout of the second period, the club will dedicate the Bruins home TV broadcast booth to Cusick by renaming it the ‘Fred Cusick Broadcast Booth.’ The club will also install a silver microphone centered in a black and gold frame on the TD Garden’s level 9 faÃ§ade beneath the home TV broadcast booth.
‘His memory will always live in on in the hearts and minds of Bruins fans, and we feel that these permanent dedications to Fred will memorialize and honor his contributions to the Bruins, for fans and media to see,” said Jacobs.
Cusick passed away on September 15, 2009 after serving as the play-by-play commentator for the Bruins for 45 years before retiring in 1997.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara