|Jacobs: Winter Classic at Fenway is “close” but not “finalized”||04.09.09 at 2:30 pm ET|
Responding to a report out of the Boston Herald that the Boston Bruins will play the 2010 Winter Classic outdoors at Fenway Park on New Year’s Day, Boston Bruins and Delaware North Companies Principal Charlie Jacobs stated in an email to WEEI.com this afternoon that nothing has yet been finalized to make the Jan. 1 hockey game a reality. Jacobs said that the classic is “close” to coming to Boston, but that nothing has been finalized by the parties involved.
“Contrary to published reports, at this time we have not finalized plans for a Bruins game at Fenway Park on New Year’s Day,” wrote Jacobs in an email to WEEI.com. “It is no secret that I would love to bring The Winter Classic to the City of Boston – and I have been working with the NHL to consider a number of venues in the area. We believe that we are close to accomplishing this. Bruins fans deserve to have an outdoor game, and we hope to deliver one to them in the near future.”
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET