|Sounds of the game… Bruins 1, Rangers 0||01.31.09 at 5:17 pm ET|
Marc Savard, Saturday’s lone goal scorer in a tight 1-0 Bruins win over the Rangers at TD Banknorth Garden, said it was just like a playoff game.
Aaron Ward said both teams played the game like it was the playoffs.
And head coach Claude Julien said his team got contributions all around.
The couple of hundred blueshirts (that’s New York-speak for Rangers fans) in attendance didn’t have much to cheer about all afternoon in a game that was void of much offensive action. The perfect game for Tuukka Rask to give Tim Thomas a rest between the pipes since Thomas is expect to start Sunday afternoon in Montreal.
And Rask was perfect, stopping all 35 Rangers shots to record his first career shutout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season