|Bruins sign former Maple Leafs center Christian Hanson||07.09.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Monday that they have signed former Maple Leafs center Christian Hanson to a one-year, two-way deal. Hanson, 26, last played in the NHL in the 2010-11 season and spent last season playing for the Hershey Bears, the Capitals’ AHL affiliate.
Hanson will make $600,000 in the NHL or $105,000 in the AHL next season for the B’s. The 6-foot-4, 228-pounder had 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points and 42 penalty minutes in 52 games for the Bears last season.
Hanson’s father is Dave Hanson, a former player who totaled 33 NHL games between the Red Wings and North Stars between 1978-1980, but is better known for playing Jack Hanson in the film “Slap Shot.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara