|Bruins deal Morris to Phoenix||03.03.10 at 10:53 am ET|
The Bruins confirmed late Wednesday morning they have traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Phoenix Coyotes for a conditional pick [reportedly fourth round] in 2011. The NHL trade deadline is at 3 p.m. ET.
The Bruins signed the 31-year-old Morris as a free agent before this season. He played in 58 games for the Bruins, scoring three goals and recording 22 assists with 26 penalty minutes.
He would be returning to Phoenix, where he played from 2003-09. He actually played 83 games in an 82-game season in 03-04 when he played the first 69 games with Colorado before a trade landed him in Phoenix for the final 14 games of the Coyotes’ season.
He would be heading to a team destined for the playoffs as Phoenix is fourth in the Western Conference with 79 points. Morris has appeared in the postseason just twice in his 12 NHL seasons, with Colorado in 2009 and last year with the New York Rangers.
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2