|Bruins recall Jamie Tardif on emergency basis||02.01.13 at 9:54 am ET|
The Bruins recalled forward Jamie Tardif on an emergency basis Friday. He will be available to practice with the team on Friday and travel with the B’s to Toronto for Saturday’s game against the Maple Leafs.
The move comes a day after a rough Thursday night for the B’s in which both Shawn Thornton and Daniel Paille left the game due to various injuries. Updates on both players are expected on Friday.
In 39 games for Providence this season, Tardif leads the team with 21 goals, which is second in the AHL. He also has nine assists for a total of 30 points. The 28 year-old has never played an NHL game.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
|Bruins sign forwards Jamie Tardif and Josh Hennessy||07.05.11 at 6:01 pm ET|
Shortly after announcing their trade for defenseman Joe Corvo, the Bruins announced a couple of depth signings, as they inked forwards Jamie Tardif and Josh Hennessy to deals. Tardif’s pact is for two-years, while Hennessy comes in on a one-year contract.
Tardif, 26, was a fourth-round pick of the Flames back in 2003. He has never played in the NHL and spent the last five seasons playing for Grand Rapids, the AHL affiliate of the Red Wings.
Hennessy, a Brockton native and 2003 second-round pick of the Sharks (43rd overall), has one goal in 20 career NHL games.
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- 3 Questions With... Greg Boysen of Second City Hockey
- Bruins vs Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Preview: Take the lead
- Fresh Links: Resolve Edition