|Savard to have MRI on right knee||01.07.10 at 10:27 pm ET|
Marc Savard will have an MRI on his right knee on Friday after leaving Thursday’s night’s loss to the Chicago Blackhawks at TD Garden.
“It’s a knee injury,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien in making the announcement after the game.”The severity of it, we’ll know more once we get the MRI done [Friday].”
Savard, the team’s top play-making center, left after his first shift, 28 seconds into the game, when he fell to the ice, holding his right knee. He had to be helped off the ice by teammates Marco Sturm and Mark Recchi.
He was helped to the dressing room and did not return.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5