|Bruins activate Mark Stuart, return Matt Bartkowski to Providence||01.16.11 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have activated defenseman Mark Stuart from injured reserve and sent Matt Bartkowski to Providence.
Stuart has been out since suffering a fractured hand and dislocated finger on Dec. 7 against the Sabres. He had initially hurt his right hand three days earlier in Toronto.
Bartkowski played two games for the Bruins after being summoned on two separate occasions to fill in for Adam McQuaid and Andrew Ference on Monday and Saturday, respectively. The 22-year-old had a minus-1 rating over his two games, both of which were against the Penguins.
In 34 games in Providence this season, Bartkowski has four goals and eight assists for 12 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time