|Bergeron expected back Monday, Kampfer talks concussion||03.05.11 at 1:43 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer touched on the concussion he suffered Thursday night, telling reporters Saturday that he and the team are being cautious and that the injury, which is set to keep him out a week, is “not something that you want to rush back from.”
“We’re going to take things slow and make sure that every day is a little bit better than the last,” he said.
After scoring in the second period to make it a 1-1 game that the B’s would eventually end up winning, Kampfer took a hard him in the corner from Lightning forward Mattias Ritola.
“I guess it kind of rubs me the wrong way that there was no penalty on the play because he had no intentional play on the pick, so it bothered me that way,” Kampfer said.
“I thought it was a clean hit personally just because my body was squared, but it’s not fun when you’re not expecting a hit, so it’s frustrating because you don’t want to sit out either.”
Kampfer said that his head was hurting when he returned to the bench, and after talking with trainer Don DelNegro tried to go back out for another shift. His head “started pounding a little bit more” from there, so he sat on the bench for the rest of the bench before leaving the game.
Meanwhile, coach Claude Julien told reporters that Patrice Bergeron, out Saturday for personal reasons, will return to the team on Monday.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET