|Report: Patrice Bergeron suffered spleen injury in Game 5||06.23.13 at 6:01 am ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron left Saturday night’s Game 5 in Chicago with a spleen injury, according to a report from Sportnet’s Nick Kypreos. Bergeron suffered a hit during a 4-on-4 late in the first period, played two shifts and did not return. He was spotted leaving the United Center in an ambulance, sitting up and conscious. Kypreos said a source indicated to him that Bergeron was dealing with a possible spleen injury.
A source told me #Bruins Bergeron may have suffered a spleen injury. Team reported he was taken by ambulance for observation at nearby hosp
— Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) June 23, 2013
Bergeron leads the Bruins with four goals in the Stanley Cup finals series and has nine goals and six assists in 21 games in the playoffs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5