|Report: Patrice Bergeron suffered spleen injury in Game 5||06.23.13 at 6:01 am ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron left Saturday night’s Game 5 in Chicago with a spleen injury, according to a report from Sportnet’s Nick Kypreos. Bergeron suffered a hit during a 4-on-4 late in the first period, played two shifts and did not return. He was spotted leaving the United Center in an ambulance, sitting up and conscious. Kypreos said a source indicated to him that Bergeron was dealing with a possible spleen injury.
A source told me #Bruins Bergeron may have suffered a spleen injury. Team reported he was taken by ambulance for observation at nearby hosp
— Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) June 23, 2013
Bergeron leads the Bruins with four goals in the Stanley Cup finals series and has nine goals and six assists in 21 games in the playoffs.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition