|Report: Patrice Bergeron suffered spleen injury in Game 5||06.23.13 at 6:01 am ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron left Saturday night’s Game 5 in Chicago with a spleen injury, according to a report from Sportnet’s Nick Kypreos. Bergeron suffered a hit during a 4-on-4 late in the first period, played two shifts and did not return. He was spotted leaving the United Center in an ambulance, sitting up and conscious. Kypreos said a source indicated to him that Bergeron was dealing with a possible spleen injury.
A source told me #Bruins Bergeron may have suffered a spleen injury. Team reported he was taken by ambulance for observation at nearby hosp
— Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) June 23, 2013
Bergeron leads the Bruins with four goals in the Stanley Cup finals series and has nine goals and six assists in 21 games in the playoffs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season