|Bruins sign former Maple Leafs center Christian Hanson||07.09.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Monday that they have signed former Maple Leafs center Christian Hanson to a one-year, two-way deal. Hanson, 26, last played in the NHL in the 2010-11 season and spent last season playing for the Hershey Bears, the Capitals’ AHL affiliate.
Hanson will make $600,000 in the NHL or $105,000 in the AHL next season for the B’s. The 6-foot-4, 228-pounder had 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points and 42 penalty minutes in 52 games for the Bears last season.
The Notre Dame product has played 42 career NHL games, all of which were with the Maple Leafs, and has three goals and nine assists for 12 points and 22 penalty minutes at the NHL level.
Hanson’s father is Dave Hanson, a former player who totaled 33 NHL games between the Red Wings and North Stars between 1978-1980, but is better known for playing Jack Hanson in the film “Slap Shot.”
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET