|Bruins take Peter Cehlarik in third, Ryan Fitzgerald in fourth||06.30.13 at 8:42 pm ET|
The Bruins drafted Slovakian left wing Peter Cehlarik with their third round pick. Cehlarik played last season in Sweden, playing junior hockey for Lulea.
Cehlarik was nearly a point-a-game player for Lulea Jr., producing 17 goals and 20 assists for 37 points last season in 38 games.
The B’s used their fourth-round pick on center Ryan Fitzgerald, who is the son of former Bruin Tom Fitzgerald and the nephew of Bruins’ assistant director of scouting Scott Fitzgerald. The North Reading native is committed to play his college hockey at Boston College after playing at Malden Catholic.
In the fifth round, the B’s added another local player in defenseman Wiley Sherman. The 6-foot-6 Connecticut native is committed to play at Harvard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5