|Breakdown of possible Bruins trade targets: Jaromir Jagr, Ryane Clowe, Mark Streit, etc.||03.29.13 at 2:01 pm ET|
With Jarome Iginla off the market, the Bruins still are hoping to bring in an impact player before the April 3 trade deadline, likely a defenseman to bolster their depth there or a top-nine forward. Here’s a look at who they may be considering.
Martin St. Louis, F, Lightning
Despite having the third- and fourth-highest scorers in the league, Tampa Bay is outside the playoff picture looking in right now, and consequently, rumors have swirled about a possible St. Louis trade. St. Louis, 37, has eight goals and 34 assists this year in 33 games, and his 42 points are good for fourth in the league behind Steven Stamkos.
Tampa GM Steve Yzerman told ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun Friday that St. Louis will not be traded. With Iginla off the market, though, many see St. Louis as second prize, another forward who’s past his prime but can clearly still make a significant impact. He is signed through next season with a $5.625 million cap hit and a no-trade clause.
Here’s a look at St. Louis scoring a hat trick in his 900th career game, against the Devils on Feb. 4, 2012.
Jaromir Jagr, F, Stars
Plenty of teams would love to bring in Jagr at the deadline for a playoff run, but the Stars reportedly would like to re-sign him. Jagr’s 25 points (14 goals and 11 assists) are a team high, and he’s making $4.55 million on his current one-year deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara