|Bergeron pots his first goal of comeback||10.23.08 at 5:51 pm ET|
Things have come full circle for the kid that many consider to be the Heart and Soul of the Bruins. Patrice Bergeron scored his first goal tonight since returning from a career-threatening concussion that limited the young Bruins center to only 10 games last season. The score came in Bergeron’s seventh game of the season at the 15:32 mark of the first period, and was a redirect of a Shane Hnidy shot from the right point. It was Bergeron’s first goal since scoring at San Jose on Oct. 13, 2007.
The score also marked Hnidy’s first assists of the season.
The goal comes almost a year to the day from a hellacious hit-from-behind at the hands of Randy Jones and the McFilthy and McNasty Philadelphia Flyers on Ocrt. 27, 2007. The crumpling blow left Bergeron with a severe concussion and whiplash normally associated with car wreck rather than a hockey collision. The Jones hit ended Bergeron’s season and put his career in jeopardy, but all that seems like a murky puck memory after Thursday night’s goal.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET