|Bruins get their banner night||10.06.11 at 9:48 pm ET|
With a sellout crowd roaring, the Bruins capped a 25-minute pregame ceremony on opening night by raising the sixth Stanley Cup championship banner in franchise history.
Current players who played on the 2011 Stanley Cup title team last June along with members of the last Bruins team to win the Cup in 1972 brought the banner from center ice – where it hung during the ceremony alongside the Stanley Cup – to its final resting place alongside the 1972 banner high above TD Garden ice.
The Bruins held the ceremony prior to the season opener against the new-look Flyers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time