|Carey Price happy for Tim Thomas for skipping White House, standing up for what he believes in||01.25.12 at 12:55 am ET|
A lot of people have had opinions on Tim Thomas’ decision to skip the White House Monday. Count Carey Price among those who applaud Thomas’ controversial move.
The Canadiens goaltender said Tuesday that he respects Thomas’ decision to skip the team’s day with President Barack Obama. In a statement explaining the decision, Thomas said it “was not about politics or party,” something Price got a kick out of.
“He’s not political? That’s a pretty political move,” Price told reporters with a laugh. “It’s bold. Good on him, to stand up for what he believes in.”
Price was then asked if he would visit Prime Minister Stephen Harper if the Habs ever won the Cup.
“I’d be there with bells on. That’s just me,” he said. “I don’t really have much issues with our government. Everybody has their own opinions, and it’s absolutely amazing that [Thomas] stands up for what he believes in, so good on him.”
Canadiens defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who won the Cup with the B’s, made the trip to the White House, but offered little comment on the Thomas situation.
“It’s the guy’s opinion,” Kaberle said, “and that’s it.”
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET