|Chiarelli to fans: I feel your frustration||03.03.10 at 5:23 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli faced the music and the New England media approximately 90 minutes after the NHL trade deadline passed.
He was unable to land one of eight scoring forwards he and management had targeted to help a Bruins team that – with 150 goals – ranks dead last in offense in the NHL.
It was the great frustration of his, as he readily admitted throughout his question-and-answer session.
“As a manager, you try to separate the direct results of the team on a day-to-day basis. I wasn’t happy with [Tuesday] night and we didn’t try to react and we didn’t react today because we put a lot of planning into a bunch of these things,” Chiarelli said. “I know the fans want more scoring and they want us to have more success. So there’s my frustration. I didn’t put that in place.”
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night