|Islanders 3, Bruins 0 End 2nd||10.10.09 at 8:51 pm ET|
The Bruins went from mediocre to bad to really bad in nightmarish second period that saw them give up three goals while losing two key players.
Defenseman Dennis Wideman left the ice with three minutes remaining in the second period holding his left side. Wideman crashed into the boards while battling with Matt Moulson for a puck. Then two minutes later, Steve Begin left the ice limping after taking a shot to the foot. Begin returned to the bench for the start of the third but not Wideman.
The Bruins are not forechecking, they’re not skating consistently and odds are we’ll hear that from Julien in his post-game rant, which would be deserving if the Bruins don’t score 4-5 goals in the final 20 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5