|Islanders 3, Bruins 0 End 2nd||10.10.09 at 8:51 pm ET|
The Bruins went from mediocre to bad to really bad in nightmarish second period that saw them give up three goals while losing two key players.
Defenseman Dennis Wideman left the ice with three minutes remaining in the second period holding his left side. Wideman crashed into the boards while battling with Matt Moulson for a puck. Then two minutes later, Steve Begin left the ice limping after taking a shot to the foot. Begin returned to the bench for the start of the third but not Wideman.
The Bruins are not forechecking, they’re not skating consistently and odds are we’ll hear that from Julien in his post-game rant, which would be deserving if the Bruins don’t score 4-5 goals in the final 20 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara