|Agent: Wyatt Smith signs with Bruins||09.02.10 at 11:54 pm ET|
According to agent Ben Hankinson on twitter, the Bruins have signed free agent center Wyatt Smith. He figures to replace what Trent Whitfield, who will miss the coming season due to an injury to his Achilles tendon, brings to the table as a depth guy at the AHL level.
A former ninth round pick of the Coyotes, Smith played last season in the Penguins‘ organization, playing for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. He had 13 goals and 35 assists for 48 points.
Smith last played in the NHL in 2007-08, picking up three assists and eight penalty minutes for the Avalanche.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara